European Astrobiology Network
European Astrobiology Campus (EAC) is an initiative built for cooperative training and communication for students in astrobiology under Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education programme project 2014-0025-KA203-01 leaded by the University of Tartu.
The aim of EAC is to provide broad and comprehensive multidisciplinary education in astrobiology through courses at undergraduate to PhD level, and also to train lecturers.
Astrobiology is one of the newest and fastest growing branches of science but in Europe, a comprehensive astrobiology training programme has yet to be established. Astrobiology courses are offered only in few universities, but mostly only on elementary level.
Main activities of EAC are:
- To organise training events for students and early career scientists
- To provide training for lecturers in teaching astrobiology
- To hold astrobiology meetings for students and early career scientists
- To provide a discussion and communication platform on astrobiology research issues
- To involve them in outreach work to address the general public.EAC project involves 11 partners from 7 EU countries and Iceland. EAC cooperates not only within partners, but also with other European programmes as COST TD1308 ORIGINS and EUROPLANET H2020 Research Infrastructure, and NASA Astrobiology Institute.
Find more on European Astrobiology Campus on web site http://astrobiology-campus.eu/
Contact and information:
Department of Geology
kalle.kirsimae [ät] ut.ee